The people in charge of www.sinplastico.com consider that no type of plastic can be considered ecological because their recycling is non-existent, they damage our health and the environment and because the manufacturers do not take any responsibility for their treatment.
This plastic is not biodegradable and never disappears, it simply fragments into tiny particles without suffering any alteration in its chemical composition.
They are manufactured based on natural polymers such as potato or corn starch, and although most are biodegradable, they present a series of serious problems:
- Although they have a plant base they also carry additives whose impact on the environment is worrying, especially when they usually end up directly in the soil or water.
- If the recycling of conventional plastic is already very complicated, for these bioplastics it would be necessary to launch a specific collection and treatment network for them.
- These plastics to which, generally, we give only one use, consume a large amount of land and resources.
- They are expensive and are manufactured on a small scale, so lately they are being replaced by oxo-degradable plastics.
They are conventional plastics with the d2W additive, which allows them to degrade without any living being involved. They also present a series of problems:
- It is assumed that the waste generated is used by living organisms for its development and that is why it is biodegradable, but nowadays there are many doubts in this topic.
- The toxic additives in the material end up directly in nature without being treated.
- The industry presents them as biodegradable, but they are not, the consumers are deceived and the manufacturer and the authorities disregard the management that their waste generates.
Although plastic has become an omnipresent material, its production and consumption is far from being harmless to human health and the environment.
That’s why in Casa Amella we choose glass. It’s the material that respects the environment and our bodies the most, it can be recycled infinite times and it does not leave toxic waste in the food it contains.
Full article: VidaSana http://vidasana.org/noticias/los-plsticos-biodegradables-no-son-la-solucin-ni-convencionales-ni-biodegradables-ni-oxo-degradables?utm_campaign=newsletter-12112019&utm_medium=email&utm_source=acumbamail